Education Material Available
We think it is important to introduce students in modeling courses about FAIR principles and we developed a template of a student group project. The project is titled “Making a Model FAIR,” and it focuses on enhancing the discoverability, accessibility, and usability of a selected computational model through collaboration and application of FAIR principles.
We have prepared a comprehensive curriculum that outlines the project’s objectives, learning outcomes, and a proposed schedule. You can access the curriculum in this Google Doc. The curriculum provides a flexible framework that can be adapted to the goals of your course and the expertise of your students.
By participating in this project, students will have the opportunity to:
- Learn the basic principles of making models FAIR.
- Gain hands-on experience with GitHub as a collaborative tool for group projects.
- Develop valuable coding skills through code replication and modification.
- Familiarize themselves with model documentation standards, such as the ODD protocol.
- Understand the importance of software licenses and how to select an appropriate one.
- Learn how to obtain a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) for model code.
- Acquire essential skills for model analysis.
- Publish their findings.
We understand that every course has its unique requirements and constraints. Therefore, the project schedule provided in the curriculum is a general guideline that can be adjusted based on your specific needs and the selected model. Let us know about your experience with this curriculum.